Friday, May 08, 2015

My Complaints

from Small Stories from My Enormously Spiritual Life



Why don’t I simplify my life by considering my complaints to be devoid of substance and invalid?  My muesli and yogurt (waiting now while I take note of it) is topped with grapes, almonds, cashews, and glistening red pomegranate seeds.  Yesterday, while I was waiting for the swamis to re-open the holy cave after lunch, a langur came to perch on the nearest tree and supervise my reading of I Am That.  Who is interested in listening to the complaints of such a person?  Not me!  


I Am That has to be one of the most repetitive books in human history.  Maharaj says the same thing over and over and over.  “Just keep in mind the feeling ‘I am’, merge in it, till your mind and feeling become one.”  But have I gotten it yet?  Nope.  Not a chance.


Meanwhile, there’s this person.  He feels badly because he never achieved any success.  Aside from, you know, being gifted with muesli and langurs.  Oh, and he doesn’t much like being 42.  Oh boo fucking hoo.


No comments: