Tuesday, November 14, 2006

On my side of town they're removing the sky ---

On my side of town they’re removing the sky, one train station at a time. The train that until today arrived among the tin roofs and vegetable market of Nishi-koyama now pulls into an immaculate tiled basin underground. A station identical to all the others except for the accent color, in this case salmon. Progress in Tokyoland. Soon I’ll be shielded from creation all together. When Fudomae drops beneath the earth I’ll lose the Meguro River lined with cherry trees, the awnings of the ramen shops, the Big Boy Barbershop. I’ll continue unimpeded in the dark. For now I keep my face pressed to the glass: I’m going to miss the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But if they take down Mt Fuji as it is visible from the front windows of Mr Donut on Kan Nana Dori, then we must object immediately.